Would you like to join our Aquafit classes and complete a course of Hydrotherapy treatment?
Would you like to explore exercise in water as a way to maintain or rehabilitate your condition?
Join our Aquafit Sessions
Venue: The Bramley Centre, 27 Bramley Hill, South Croydon CR2 6LX
Monday & Tuesday evenings between 6:00 & 8:00 pm
£10.50 per 1/2 hour slot payable monthly
The Benefits of Hydrotherapy
Relief from pain and swelling
Relief from muscle stiffness
Improves joint mobilisation
Promotes muscle strengthening
Improved, Cardiovascular fitness
An alternative to land exercises
What is Hydrotherapy?
In Hydrotherapy, we utilise the properties of warm water to design specific exercises which can benefit a person in the following ways
Relief from pain, swelling and stiffness – soothing sore or inflamed muscles and joints.
- Promotion of relaxation
- Muscular strengthening, maintenance and restoration
- Increased movement in affected joints
- Improved circulation, cardiovascular and aerobic fitness.
- Hydrotherapy is particularly useful for those who are unable to comfortably exercise on land.
Suitable for Aquafit
Anyone wishing to do independent exercise in a hydrotherapy pool environment. This includes:
- Clients wishing to continue with water-based exercise after being discharged from a course of hydrotherapy treatment.
- Clients that have prior knowledge of appropriate exercise to perform in a hydrotherapy environment.
- Clients that would like to explore the benefits of exercising independently in water. In this instance, there will be an additional charge for an initial assessment and designing an independent water-based exercise programme.
- Clients must be able to enter and exit the pool themselves safely either by the stairs or by hoist with assistance from a pool side staff member.
The pool and facilities
The Centre has a fully accessible hydrotherapy pool which is equipped with overhead tracking hoists and situated in a Scandinavian log cabin with an ambient temperature of 32 degrees.
The pool provides an excellent base for exercise, providing a relaxing and fun environment for movement. The water’s warm temperature decreases muscle spasm, relieves pain and can increase range of movement. Each member undertakes a hydrotherapy assessment to determine the level of support they need and to establish an appropriate exercise program.
Pool Dimensions: The pool measures 6m by 4m, with a water line depth of 1.25m. Volume: 30m³
Pool Temperature: The pool water is maintained at approximately 32ºC, with the air temperature kept at least 1º higher at 33-34ºC.
Access to the pool is by 6 steps. Access can also be made by using the ceiling track hoist.
A maximum of 8 people exercise in the pool during each 30 minute session.
There are 7 changing cubicles, 1 is wheelchair accessible, there is also a shower cubicle and toilet area.